Close

Contact

Employers

Why Hire an Apprentice?

Apprenticeships are designed with leading industry experts to make sure that the training offers the best fit to meet your business needs. Our Apprentices complete training planned around your business needs which allows you to recruit and develop your future workforces in line with your company culture and specialities.

Apprenticeships deliver for businesses and help them grow by:

Our Apprenticeships are not only designed for new staff members, but existing employees can also complete apprenticeship programmes to develop their skills and progress within your company.

Why NTG Training?

We have been established for 10 years and have worked closely with over 100 employers throughout the North West of England to develop and deliver training that makes a difference. To date, we have delivered over 3000 apprenticeships with an 84% success rate and have helped 100’s of people progress into employment.

We pride ourselves on offering the most flexible training solutions available to truly meet the demands of your business. All programmes come with bespoke pathway options and are delivered by highly qualified and experienced tutors through a unique blended learning approach.

Free Recruitment Service

We offer a free recruitment service designed to deliver the best talent matched to the specific job requirements. We will work with you to identify the skills, attitudes, and competencies you expect from the potential apprentice. We will then create and advertise the role on your behalf and screen each candidate prior to submitting to you for final review. We will support you throughout the entire recruitment process.

Funding Information – Levy and Non-Levy

The government is looking to create three million apprenticeships by 2020 and they want businesses across the UK to get on board with their mission.

Large Businesses

If you are an employer who has a UK pay bill exceeding £3M you will be required to pay 0.5% of your total annual amount which will be payable to the HRMC through the pay as you earn system (PAYE). Employers who are required to pay the levy will have access to funds they have paid in via a new online portal called the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS). They will also receive a 10% top-up from the Government to their total monthly contributions in England. Any training must be provided through an accredited provider.

SME Businesses

If you are an employer who has a UK pay bill of less than £3M you will not be required to pay the levy. However as an employer you must contribute 10% of the cost of training an apprentice, and the government will ‘co-invest’ by paying the remaining 90 percent. Businesses who have less than 50 employees won’t pay anything if they employ apprentices under the age of 19, and will receive a £1,000 payment.

 

End Point Assessment Explained

End Point Assessment is a new method of assessing the competence of skills, behaviors, and knowledge unique to the new Apprenticeship Standards. Learners will spend the first 12 months of their programmes completing a variety of training activities, shorter qualifications and building a portfolio in preparation for their EPA. After 12 Months, the learner will be entered into EPA where they will complete a variety of activities such as interviews, exams, projects and employer interviews which will be assessed by an external organisation. The learner will then be given a grade of either Pass, Merit, and Distinction.

The purpose of EPA is to put more emphasis on training and development throughout the qualification to ensure the learner is fully prepared.

Off the Job Training

It is now a requirement for an Apprentice to spend 20% their time at work completing off the job learning. This is the equivalent of a day a week. We work with you to ensure that this time is planned in effectively with suitable training courses, online learning and workshops mapped throughout the Apprenticeship to deliver positive outcomes that will have a real impact on your business goals.