Apprenticeships >> Level 4
Lead Practitioner in Adult Care Level 4 Apprenticeship
A Lead Practitioner in Adult Care will gain the skills to lead and inspire team members, and guide them to make positive changes to the lives of the people they care for. A Lead Practitioner in Adult Care may also face challenges in physical, practical, social, emotional, psychological or intellectual care which they will become confident in facing.
Who is the Lead Practitioner in Adult Care Level 4 Apprenticeship For?
This apprenticeship is designed for those already in the care industry, looking to make a move into management and leadership. It is designed to help staff create and promote a values-based culture at an operational level.
What Does The Course Cover?
This apprenticeship programme is designed to give your employees a greater depth of understanding with the conditions being experienced by service users. They will gain specialist skills and knowledge in their area of responsibility which will allow them to lead in areas such as care needs assessment, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and enablement, telecare and assistive technology.
- Understand the tasks and responsibilities of a lead practitioner, including frameworks, guidance and codes of practice which underpin the industry.
- Understand how to contribute to and promote a culture of dignity and human rights.
- Learn effective communication skills and understand the legal and ethical frameworks surrounding communication practices.
- Gain a thorough understanding of safeguarding legislation.
- Gain an awareness of health and wellbeing practices, including holistic solutions. Learners will also need to understand models of monitoring, reporting and responding to changes in health and wellbeing.
- Understand professional development and manage personal goals and aspirations.
Key Information Regarding This Apprenticeship
This qualification is government funded and falls under the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme. For non-levy paying organisations, it requires a 5% employer contribution.
Course value: £7,000
Employer pays: 5% (£350)
Business that have less than 50 employees won’t pay anything if they employ apprentices under the age of 19, and will receive a £1000 incentive payment. This will be discussed during the initial engagement to determine eligibility.
Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
Learners will need to meet the following requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Work ready
- An interest in Health and Social Care
- Undertake the Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide the result
This course will last 18 months and is delivered during normal working hours. Training can be flexible to meet the needs of your organisation. We use a blend of online, webinar and practical sessions, and the apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their tutor.
More About This Course
Those Enrolling on an Adult Care Course Will Require the Following Attributes:
Adult Care Workers will Learn The Following Skills and Behaviours on This Course:
Interested in Enrolling Your Team Onto This Course?
Our friendly advisors are here to answer all your questions. Simply fill in your details below and we’ll be in touch.
Our friendly apprenticeship advisors are just a phonecall away. Feel free to get in touch Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm for an informal chat about apprenticeships.
Drop us an email any time with any questions you might have regarding this course, we’ll be delighted to help.
Fill in our handy contact form and we’ll get in touch at a time that’s convenient for you.