Apprenticeships >> Level 2
Healthcare Cleaning Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship
Learn how to provide a hygienically clean healthcare environment in which service users, staff and other users can thrive, work and develop.
Who is the Healthcare Cleaning Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship For?
This apprenticeship is designed for employees whose sole responsibility is cleaning the work environment to a high standard in a professional healthcare setting.
This apprenticeship is also suitable for cleaning operatives working in environments where an exceptional standard of cleanliness is imperative prevent adverse effects on the health of high-risk service users.
It is suitable for workers in hospitals, care homes, doctors/dentist surgeries, healthcare settings within prisons, schools and childcare facilities, leisure facilities and first aid settings.
What Does The Course Cover?
This apprenticeship programme is designed to ensure your care hygiene and cleaning operatives have a thorough understanding of how to create an extremely safe environment within a healthcare or high-risk area.
- How to provide routine hygienic cleaning of the healthcare environment to maintain all standards in compliance with the National Standard of Healthcare Cleanliness 2019 as a minimum as well as local standards policy, guidelines and operating procedures.
- How to undertake specialist cleaning projects when required.
- How to identify the safest and most appropriate methods of cleaning for different situations.
- Cleaning organisational skills.
- How to identify and use the correct cleaning products and chemicals for the job, and how to safely store these products in compliance with COSHH.
- How to maintain good housekeeping practices, stock management and record keeping.
- How to manage infection prevention and control.
- How to safely manage equipment to the correct standards.
Key Information Regarding This Apprenticeship
This qualification is government funded and falls under the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme. For non-levy paying organisations, it requires a 5% employer contribution.
Course cost: £4,000
Employer contribution: 5% (£200)
Business that have less than 50 employees won’t pay anything if they employ apprentices under the age of 19, and will receive a £1000 incentive payment. This will be discussed during the initial engagement to determine eligibility.
Level 2 Diploma Healthcare Cleaning Operative
Learners will need to meet the following requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Work ready
- An interest in Healthcare and Cleaning
- Equivalent to Level 1 English and Maths
This course will last 12 months and is delivered during normal working hours. Training can be flexible to meet the needs of your organisation. We use a blend of online, webinar and practical sessions, and the apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their tutor.
More About This Course
Key knowledge and skills learners will gain on this course:
This Apprenticeship will develop your employees’ behaviours in the following areas:
Interested in Enrolling Your Team Onto This Course?
Our friendly advisors are here to answer all your questions. Simply fill in your details below and we’ll be in touch.
Our friendly apprenticeship advisors are just a phonecall away. Feel free to get in touch Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm for an informal chat about apprenticeships.
Drop us an email any time with any questions you might have regarding this course, we’ll be delighted to help.
Fill in our handy contact form and we’ll get in touch at a time that’s convenient for you.