Lead Practitioner in Adult Care Level 4 Apprenticeship Training
A Lead Practitioner in Adult Care will gain the skills to lead and inspire team members, and guide them to make positive changes to the lives of the people they care for. A Lead Practitioner in Adult Care may also face challenges in physical, practical, social, emotional, psychological or intellectual care which they will become confident in facing.
Who is the Lead Practitioner in Adult Care Level 4 Apprenticeship For?
This apprenticeship is designed for those already in the care industry, looking to make a move into management and leadership. It is designed to help staff create and promote a values-based culture at an operational level.
What Does The Course Cover?
This apprenticeship programme is designed to give your employees a greater depth of understanding with the conditions being experienced by service users. They will gain specialist skills and knowledge in their area of responsibility which will allow them to lead in areas such as care needs assessment, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and enablement, telecare and assistive technology.
- Understand the tasks and responsibilities of a lead practitioner, including frameworks, guidance and codes of practice which underpin the industry.
- Understand how to contribute to and promote a culture of dignity and human rights.
- Learn effective communication skills and understand the legal and ethical frameworks surrounding communication practices.
- Gain a thorough understanding of safeguarding legislation.
- Gain an awareness of health and wellbeing practices, including holistic solutions. Learners will also need to understand models of monitoring, reporting and responding to changes in health and wellbeing.
- Understand professional development and manage personal goals and aspirations.
This course will last 18 months and is delivered during normal working hours. Training can be flexible to meet the needs of your organisation. We use a blend of online, webinar and practical sessions, and the apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their tutor.
Learners will need to meet the following requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Work ready
- An interest in Health and Social Care
- Undertake the Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide the result
What Qualifications Will Be Achieved?
Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
This qualification is government funded and falls under the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme. For non-levy paying organisations, it requires a 5% employer contribution.
Total cost of training is £7,000. The employer is required to fund 5% of this equating to £350.
Business that have less than 50 employees won’t pay anything if they employ apprentices under the age of 19, and will receive a £1000 incentive payment. This will be discussed during the initial engagement to determine eligibility.
Personal Attributes Required for This Course
- Care – is caring consistently and enough about individuals to make a positive difference to their lives
- Compassion – is delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Courage – is doing the right thing for people and speaking up if the individual they support is at risk
- Communication – good communication is central to successful caring relationships and effective team working
- Competence – is applying knowledge and skills to provide high quality care and support
- Commitment – to improving the experience of people who need care and support ensuring it is person centred
This Apprenticeship will develop your employees’ knowledge, skills and behaviours in the following areas:
- A thorough understanding of their role and responsibilities
- A total grasp of the importance of dignity and human rights
- The importance of communication
- A clear understanding of safeguarding practices
- An overview of health and wellbeing best practice
- The principles of professional development
- Theories of management and leadership and their application to adult care
Other Courses That May Be Of Interest
The Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is ideal for employees who already provide health and social care support to adults in a range of settings and are ready to take the next step in their healthcare career.
This advanced apprenticeship is designed for those already in the care industry, looking to make a move into management and leadership. It is designed to help you upskill your current employees develop and implement a values-based culture within your teams.