Develop your employees to become the next lead adult care workers in your organisation
Who is this course for?
The Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is ideal for employees who already provide health and social care support to adults in a range of settings and are ready to take the next step in their healthcare career. These employees deliver high quality, compassionate care to every person whether they work in a person’s own home, residential or nursing home, or a clinical setting.
What does the course cover?
The training provides care workers with the responsibility to provide supervision, frontline leadership, guidance and direction to others, whilst applying good judgement and accountability.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing review of care/support plans for the individuals they support
- Demonstrate dignity in their working role with individuals they support, their families, carers and other professionals
- Demonstrate and promote to other workers excellent communication skills, including confirmation of understanding to individuals, their families, carers and professionals
- Lead and support others to address conflicts or dilemmas that may arise between an individual’s rights and duty of care
- Lead and mentor others where appropriate to promote the wellbeing of the individuals they support
Download the full course brochure >>
This is a 12-month apprenticeship programme delivered during normal working hours and training can be flexible to meet the needs of your organisation. We use a blend of online, webinar and practical sessions, and the apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their tutor.
Undertake the Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide the result prior to starting.
The individual must meet the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate. The Care Quality Commission expect that providers who employ healthcare assistants and social care support workers follow these standards to make sure new staff are supported, skilled and assessed as competent to carry out their roles.
What qualifications will be achieved?
Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care