Marketing is important but my oh my, it’s SO. MUCH. WORK.
I often reminisce about the times when social media success was just a matter of posting a nice-looking graphic every week.
For business owners and managers who are interested in marketing, but don’t have a marketing team member, this time of the year can look especially overwhelming.
That’s why we’ve asked our Digital Marketing Tutors to put together a handy monthly guide, that you can simply download and read at your leisure.
It’s bound to inspire you, so take a look.
But if you are interested in taking on a digital marketing apprentice or training a current member of your team in digital skills, don’t forget, it might be fully-funded by the government!
November: Important Dates for Social Media
1st: World Vegan Day
Showcase your vegan friendly products today!
5th: Bonfire Night
The night the Brits foiled a plot to blow up parliament, now celebrated with fireworks, treacle toffee and bonfires!
11th: Remembrance Day / Poppy Day / Armistice Day
Pop a poppy on your feed to show respect for those who have served our country. Remembrance Sunday will be on the 13th this year.
13th: World Kindness Day
Why not enact a random act of kindness and encourage your followers to do the same?
19th: International Men’s Day
Focus on the issues faced by men today. Why not reach out with advice about men’s mental health?
This popular American holiday focuses on giving thanks for what we have. It’s also a great time for foodies!
25th: Black Friday
Black Friday starts earlier and ends later than ever before, be sure to have a great offer online for your followers!
26th: Small Business Saturday
Created for the little guys, small business Saturday supports, gives advice, and promotes the work of small businesses.
28th: Cyber Monday
Designed for online businesses, this sale day often amalgamates into one week with Black Friday.
Social Media Posting Ideas:
- Introduce the people behind your social media accounts
- Christmas Gift Guides
- Bonfire Night Recipes / Drinks
- Vegan Product Guide
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Raise money for men’s mental health charities
- Do a British take on Thanksgiving traditions
- Share teasers of your Black Friday deals
- Promote other small businesses you love
- Ask customers how early they’re putting the decorations up!
- Share a behind the scenes of you decorating your business
- Share organisation tips for holiday preparedness
- Take part in Movember with a moustache growing contest
- Run a giveaway that helps customers prepare for the holidays
Important Links For November
Your November Online To Do List
- Ensure your /christmas landing page is up to date
- Add Christmas/holiday opening hours to your website & Business Listings (e.g. Google)
- Schedule in posts, reels and emails to promote Black Friday & Cyber Monday promotions.
- Ensure products relating to the holidays are tagged correctly so they appear in your site searches.
- Add a festive touch to your logos & social media banners.
- Review any festive content opportunities within your business, such as staff parties, Christmas PR launches etc.
- Revamp your homepage for the season.
- Add in any delivery information updates such as last posting dates for Christmas, don’t forget the Royal Mail strikes!
- Plan a Christmas countdown for your email marketing campaigns.
Get hold of all of our social media and digital marketing resources here!