Leader in Adult Care Level 5 Apprenticeship Training
Inspire care teams to deliver the very highest standards in adult care, and make a positive difference to vulnerable adults with physical, practical, social, emotional, psychological or intellectual challenges.
Who is the Leader in Adult Care Level 5 Apprenticeship For?
This apprenticeship is designed for those already in the care industry, looking to make a move into management and leadership. It is designed to help you upskill your current employees develop and implement a values-based culture within your teams.
What Does The Course Cover?
This apprenticeship programme is designed to give your employees leadership skills, and will teach them the management techniques necessary to ensure your service is run in a safe, effective, caring and responsive way to ensure people’s needs are met.
- How to develop and apply systems and processes needed to ensure compliance with regulations and organisational policies and procedures.
- How to develop and lead dignity and human rights practices within your organisation.
- How to communicate and implement organisational procedures that ensure the business follows industry policy and guidance.
- How to implement and support colleagues in safeguarding.
- Manage the health and safety practices of the organisation and create risk assessments.
- How to model a values-based culture and manage a team.
This course will last 18 months and is delivered during normal working hours. Training can be flexible to meet the needs of your organisation. We use a blend of online, webinar and practical sessions, and the apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their tutor.
Learners will need to meet the following requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Work ready
- An interest in Health and Social Care
- Undertake the Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide the result
What Qualifications Will Be Achieved?
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
This qualification is government funded and falls under the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme. For non-levy paying organisations, it requires a 5% employer contribution.
Total cost of training is £7,000. The employer is required to fund 5% of this equating to £350.
Business that have less than 50 employees won’t pay anything if they employ apprentices under the age of 19, and will receive a £1000 incentive payment. This will be discussed during the initial engagement to determine eligibility.
Personal Attributes Required for This Course
- Care – is caring consistently and enough about individuals to make a positive difference to their lives
- Compassion – is delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Courage – is doing the right thing for people and speaking up if the individual they support is at risk
- Communication – good communication is central to successful caring relationships and effective team working
- Competence – is applying knowledge and skills to provide high quality care and support
- Commitment – to improving the experience of people who need care and support ensuring it is person centred
This Apprenticeship will develop your employees’ knowledge, skills and behaviours in the following areas:
- A thorough understanding of their role and responsibilities
- A total grasp of the importance of dignity and human rights
- The importance of communication
- A clear understanding of safeguarding practices
- An overview of health and wellbeing best practice
- The principles of professional development
- Theories of management and leadership and their application to adult care