A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an E-commerce retailer of healthcare products and are looking to recruit a Warehouse Operative Apprentice to join their expanding team.
If you have drive and ambition, this position is for you!
Duties Will Include:
- Quality Checks on Products
- Stock Control
- Receiving Items
- Processing Orders
- Checking Accuracy of Orders
- Processing Delivery Notes
- Greeting Trade Customers
- Keen to learn
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Willing to put yourself out of your comfort zone in order to learn new skills
- Manual Dexterity
- Good level of education
- Willingness to learn
The successful candidate will study a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Standard. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.
Hours and Wage:
37.5 hours per week, (Typically Monday to Friday, occasional Saturday) £195.00 per week
Possible progression to a permanent role for an Apprentice that shows commitment to the job and the qualification.
What the Apprenticeship will cover:
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the core knowledge, skills and behaviours listed below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions and observations and have been designed to meet the Level 2 Warehousing Operative Standard.
Learners will have regular meetings with their tutor and employer to ensure progress during the first 12 months. Once ready, they will then complete their End Point Assessment.
- Understand Safe driving and/or operating techniques to standard
- Understand how to minimise the effect their work (and the wider industry) has on the environment
- Safe use of equipment and machinery
- Use of warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock
- Use of Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
- Understand Relevant regulation and legislation
- Effective communication with customers
- Understand the Structure of the industry
- Understand the importance of delivering excellent customer service to customers and colleagues, including identifying needs and responding appropriately in line with situation and organisational style/culture
- Understand the vision, objectives and brand of the organisation
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role, such as Forklift
- Trucks, High Reach Trucks, Powered Pallet Trucks or Man Up Trucks
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items, both manually and using relevant equipment
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes.
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods
- Promote the values of the organisation
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines• Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems, to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility, honesty, positivity and personal drive in every aspect of their role
- Take ownership for own performance and training
- Show personal commitment to minimising the effect of work activities on the environment
- Adapt to and embrace the use of relevant technology, systems and equipment
What qualification will you get?
- Warehousing Operative Level 2 Standard •
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
Please apply with your CV to: [email protected]
Quoting Job Ref: OBB