A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Warehousing & Storage Apprentice to join one of the largest MDF and chipboard manufacturers in Europe, and one of the very few furniture manufacturers who process the whole cycle from managing our own sustainably grown forests to delivering new Kitchen and Laminate Flooring direct to your door.
The Warehousing Apprentice will get an understanding on the general tasks of running a busy warehouse:
- Goods in: Unloading vehicles, Checking Delivery Notes, Inspecting Stock for damages and Stock Location on Racking Shelves
- Picking: Order picking and Packaging
- Dispatches: Loading onto vehicles: vans and trucks
- Stock Checking and Stock Control
The apprentice will be required to manually handle flat pack furniture and to use a reach forklift truck.
An understanding of H&S requirements in a warehouse environment will be essential.
- A positive attitude towards Manual Handling will be required.
- Forklift Licence required. Alternatively, an FLT course can be arranged in house with a certified training provider.
- The Candidate will be expected to have an enthusiasm for team work to make sure that together with the other members of staff a high level of Customer Service is achieved.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are desirable to avoid picking and dispatching errors.
- Attention to detail when handling paperwork will also be required (Goods in notes and Dispatch notes)
- An ability to work under time pressure and time deadlines will also be appreciated
Salary: £4 per hour
Job Type: Apprenticeship.
Working hours will be 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
What the Apprenticeship will cover:
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the core knowledge, skills and behaviours listed below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions and observations and have been designed to meet the Level 2 Warehousing Operative Standard.
Learners will have regular meetings with their tutor and employer to ensure progress during the first 12 months. Once ready, they will then complete their End Point Assessment.
- Understand Safe driving and/or operating techniques to standard
- Understand how to minimise the effect their work (and the wider industry) has on the environment
- Safe use of equipment and machinery
- Use of warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock
- Use of Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
- Understand Relevant regulation and legislation
- Effective communication with customers
- Understand the Structure of the industry
- Understand the importance of delivering excellent customer service to customers and colleagues, including identifying needs and responding appropriately in line with situation and organisational style/culture
- Understand the vision, objectives and brand of the organisation
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role, such as Forklift
Trucks, High Reach Trucks, Powered Pallet Trucks or Man Up Trucks
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items, both manually and using relevant equipment
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes.
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods
- Promote the values of the organisation
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines• Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems, to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility, honesty, positivity and personal drive in every aspect of their role
- Take ownership for own performance and training
- Show personal commitment to minimising the effect of work activities on the environment
- Adapt to and embrace the use of relevant technology, systems and equipment
What qualification will you get?
- Warehousing Operative Level 2 Standard
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Quoting job ref: FIN