Warehousing & Storage Apprenticeship
Hours: Full time, Monday-Friday 9.00am– 6.00pm + breaks & lunch.
Salary: £4.50 per hour
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative Apprentice to join the busy Warehouse team based within our Rochdale office.
Working within a fast-paced team your position will mainly be focussed on working in the warehouse arrange stock as well as getting orders ready to go out for delivery. Good attention to detail is required for this position as there can be numerous items to one order.
- Loading & unloading stock
- Preparing for deliveries
- Furniture assembly
- Keeping own workspace and workshop clean
- Performing other duties as and when required
- Loading / unloading vans
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good team player
- Ability to manage own workload
- Must be able to work to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
This busy role is a solid opportunity for the right candidate and a very exciting time to be joining the business.
What the Apprenticeship will cover:
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the core knowledge, skills and behaviours listed below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions and observations and have been designed to meet the Level 2 Warehousing Operative Standard.
Learners will have regular meetings with their tutor and employer to ensure progress during the first 12 months. Once ready, they will then complete their End Point Assessment.
- Understand Safe driving and/or operating techniques to standard
- Understand how to minimise the effect their work (and the wider industry) has on the environment
- Safe use of equipment and machinery
- Use of warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock
- Use of Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
- Understand Relevant regulation and legislation
- Effective communication with customers
- Understand the Structure of the industry
- Understand the importance of delivering excellent customer service to customers and colleagues, including identifying needs and responding appropriately in line with situation and organisational style/culture
- Understand the vision, objectives and brand of the organisation
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role, such as Forklift Trucks, High Reach Trucks, Powered Pallet Trucks or Man Up Trucks
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items, both manually and using relevant equipment
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes.
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods
- Promote the values of the organisation
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines• Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems, to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility, honesty, positivity and personal drive in every aspect of their role
- Take ownership for own performance and training
- Show personal commitment to minimising the effect of work activities on the environment
- Adapt to and embrace the use of relevant technology, systems and equipment
What qualification will you get?
- Warehousing Operative Level 2 Standard •
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
To apply for this vacancy, please email Kelly Ashfield-Morris [email protected] with your CV.