Full time position, Monday to Friday
Salary: £6 per hour
Competitive benefits package
Hours are 8.00am – 4.30pm with ½ hour for lunch break (un-paid)
Reporting to Inventory Manager Fixed term of 13-months with opportunity for permanent employment for the right candidate
Edgar Brothers are a leading wholesale distributor of firearms, ammunition, and accessories to shooting sports retailers and shooting grounds throughout the UK including Northern Ireland. Established in 1947, we are a family business that retains its family values across all its business endeavours. Our wholesale brand ambitions, reputation and continued success has one main ingredient, our employees.
Edgar Brothers are accredited Investors in People, it’s our employee’s passion, knowledge and motivation that creates our unique, collaborative, and enthusiastic culture, that each day strives to achieve excellence, ensuring mutual opportunity, value and reward both internally and externally for all involved. Our commitment to reliable service, depth of choice and availability supported by strong well-known brands ensures that the Edgar Brothers business and reputation continues to grow.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & hard-working Warehouse Apprentice to join our busy warehouse team, assisting the Inventory Manager & operatives with all warehouse duties. Whilst learning about how our diverse and forward-thinking business operates, you will be working towards your Warehouse Apprenticeship qualification.
The key accountabilities for this role are:
- Pick, pack, process, and dispatch daily orders
- Process daily carrier manifests and paperwork
- Process daily consignments on courier systems
- Check and locate goods into stock
- Co-ordinate and service customers with collections
- Loading and unloading of deliveries
- Daily housekeeping of the warehouse environment and workstation areas, maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Assist with stock takes
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- IT literate with Microsoft office packages
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Clean criminal record (DBS)
- Ability to work under pressure
What qualifications will you get?
- Warehousing Operative Level 2 Standard
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English*
You can also apply for this role by emailing [email protected]