We are a leading Exporter, Importer, Manufacturer, of foreign foods based in Manchester, we are looking to recruit a Warehouse Operative Apprentice to join our expanding team.
Duties Will Include:
- We deal in frozen and off the shelf too so would involve working in a freezer room too
- Offloading containers
- Processing orders, so order picking, packing, pallet wrapping
- Ensure all goods are accounted for and loaded correctly.
- Adhering to and upholding strict Health and Safety standards.
- Communicating with supervisors when stock isn’t up to standard.
- Operating a forklift (training can be provided)
- Keen to learn
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Willing to put yourself out of your comfort zone in order to learn new skills
- Pride and care in their own work.
- Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, positive, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Practical knowledge and experience in an operational environment would be a bonus
- Quick and effective problem solver
- Work well under pressure and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Please note an element of lifting will be required for this role.
Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. If you’ve worked in a similar setting before, all the better – but most importantly, you’ll bring a true commitment to our company and a keen desire to help to deliver a first-class service.
The successful candidate will study a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Standard. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.
What the Apprenticeship will cover:
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the core knowledge, skills and behaviours listed below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions and observations and have been designed to meet the Level 2 Warehousing Operative Standard.
Learners will have regular meetings with their tutor and employer to ensure progress during the first 12 months. Once ready, they will then complete their End Point Assessment
What qualification will you get?
- Warehousing Operative Level 2 Standard
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
Hours of Work: TBC
Wage: £6 Per Hour with a review every 3-6 months to rise if found meeting targets
To apply please email [email protected]