TDS Commercial Ltd is a independent commercial laundry based in Isleworth, our clients include prestigious sports organisations, boutique hotels and Spa’s. We are renowned for our high-quality laundry and customer services.
We are looking for a laundry operative apprentice to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, friendly, have an eye for detail, work well as part of a team and be keen to learn. No experience is necessary as full on the job training will be given.
Operative’s duties will include processing:
- Bed linen
- Hospital linen.
- Towels and bathmats
- Restaurant table linen and chef wear.
- Company uniforms
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Loading washing machines and using the relevant wash program.
- Recording of all washes carried out for monitoring purposes.
- Unloading of washing machines and processing clean linen ready for drying/pressing.
- Loading and unloading of tumble dryers, ensuring all items are clean and dry before moving to the inspection area.
- Inspecting items for damage at every stage.
- Operate all laundry machinery in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and user manuals. Full training will be given.
- Ensure the factory is clean and tidy throughout the shift; carry out specific cleaning tasks as and when required.
- Packing and recording of clean linen to the online system and completing delivery records for the clients
- Keeping each customers linen separate, working with a dedicated stock system.
- Following all health and safety procedures at all times and using appropriate PPE.
- Report any damaged linen to supervisor and follow damaged linen procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standard of quality and hygiene.
Salary £6.50 per hour
Shifts – 6-2/2-10
What Does the Course Cover?
This apprenticeship programme is designed to give your employees the technical skills required to work safely and effectively with machinery and chemicals associated with the industry. They will gain an advanced understanding of the best and most efficient techniques to complete their role requirements using technology and teamwork.
This apprenticeship will develop skills in:
- Sorting and identifying incoming product, often using technology.
- Ensuring the product is high-quality and fit for purpose.
- Working safely and efficiently, whilst minimising the impact on the environment
- Rectifying basic faults
- Classifying products for appropriate cleaning process
- Using appropriate chemicals to undertake the cleaning process, e.g. bleach.
- Operating specialist equipment/machinery to process products in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Drying and finishing products whilst adhering to company quality procedures.
- Preparing and packing items for dispatch to meet customer requirements.
What qualifications will you get?
This course is designed with you in mind. We work with you to develop your employees and deliver up-to-date and relevant skills to enable them to support and manage teams throughout your company efficiently and effectively. Learners will get:
- Textile Care Operative Level 2 Standard •
- Level 1/2 Function Skills Maths* •
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English *
* If required
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] or call 01244 678100