A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Textile Care Operative apprenticeship in Doncaster to join a family-run business with 44 years’ experience to perfect the finest dry-cleaning traditions together with the most effective techniques sought after in fabric care to date.
DUTIES: These include but are not limited to:
- Processing customer’s orders using the Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) System and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Sort/classify and identify incoming products for processing, including identifying any special cleaning processes required, e.g. stain removal.
- Using appropriate chemicals to undertake the cleaning process.
- Operating specialist equipment/machinery to process products in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), e.g. dry cleaning and wet cleaning machines, washing machines, bagging machine, pressers and steamers.
- Working safely and efficiently, whilst minimising the impact on the environment
- Ensure work flow scheduling to meet customer demands.
- Process items, including any specialist treatment requirements. Ensure washing is prioritised in line with operational demands.
- Dry items to achieve the quality of product in a timely manner to fit in with operational demands.
- Finish the product in line with the Company’s quality standards.
- Quality check the finished products and identify any rejects or rewash and rectify basic faults.
- Sort and pack items ready for return to the customer. Ensure all products are packed to the correct quantity and are packaged according to the customer requirements.
- Answering phone calls and speaking to customers/ clients in a professional manner.
- Managing team and workflow to meet with the daily target.
- Undertaking of administrative duties as required by the job, such as quoting jobs, preparing of invoices to business clients and customers.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Company.
TRAINING: Full training will be provided.
- Communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, managers and work as part of a team.
- Flexible in a fast-moving customer-focused environment.
- Self-motivated to meet operational targets.
- Health and Safety-first attitude with diligent good house-keeping.
- Positive and respectful attitude, aware of equality and diversity considerations.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload, managing time effectively.
- Good level of Maths, English and Computer skills.
- Ability to progress on the job and be able to take charge of the entire operation in due course.
£4.50 per hour
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:00pm
Location: Armthorpe, Doncaster
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the textile care apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
Please apply by sending your CV direct to: [email protected] and quote REF: KSM