START YOUR NEW CAREER TODAY!!
A fantastic job opportunity has arisen for an Operative in a Company with a proud history in the design, construction and manufacture of shower enclosures. We are looking for a Manufacturing Apprentice to join the expanding team within all the Packing/Assembly/Machinist areas.
APPLY NOW – send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To ensure assigned daily tasks are carried out with the best quality, no defects and no re-work to exceed customer’s expectation on all products manufactured from the company’s factory.
- To carry out tasks related to the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- To ensure a safe and secure work environment is maintained.
The post holder is required to perform the following duties:
- To complete daily tasks allocated by the supervisor within given resources
- To perform work to the highest quality and have it inspected by the supervisor, so all products manufactured meet Company quality policy
- Raise potential issues leading to downtime immediately to the supervisor
- To contribute towards improving workshop and factory performance indicators
- Under the guidance of management, to engage and involve in continuously improving quality standards, performance indicators, efficiency and productivity
- To always adhere to Company’s Health & Safety and HR policy
- Report any potential health hazards and breaches or near misses to the Production Manager
- To maintain good housekeeping standards and take part in department maintenance schedule
- To undergo training as required by the Production Manager
- To follow production procedures and processes in place
- To assist in daily department shutdown
- Report to the supervisor on failed equipment’s and components immediately
- To log data as requested by the Production Manager to evaluate factory performance
- Ensure departmental operations are adhering to standard procedures, processes, quality, job flow, health & safety, clean work conditions etc
- Working as a team to continuously exceed performance and quality, thereby promoting a culture of excellence and best manufacturing practise
- Constantly improve performance as identified by the Production Manager in appraisals
- Perform other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Production Manager
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
- Unit 1: Health and Safety for Manufacturing Engineers
- Unit 2: Communicating Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering Workplaces
- Unit 3: Working Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 4: Working Relationships in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 5: Understanding Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Unit 1: Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Unit 2: Promoting effective working relationships
- Unit 3: Contributing to effective team working
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma in Performance
- Manufacturing Operations (RQF)
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Improving Business for Manufacturing Engineering Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
- *If Required
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
£5.00 per hour
Hours: Mon – Thursday 8am – 4.45pm
Friday – 8am – 2.45pm
Holidays: 23 day’s plus bank holidays
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to [email protected]