A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a company based in Leeds who manufacture standard and bespoke LED lighting solutions products, which have been used on many prestigious lighting projects throughout the UK and across the globe for some of the world’s top lighting designers, and are seeking a Performing Manufacturing Operations Apprentice top to join their team.
Our apprenticeship programmes have proven to be very successful, leading to permanent positions upon completion.
Apprenticeship is shop floor based and will work towards completing an NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations.
The programme covers many roles throughout the production process including learning soldering skills, use of machinery and hand powered tools, assembly of LED luminaires, labelling, quality control and product testing prior to dispatch. The role will also include handling goods in/out, pick and allocating stock to correct department and locations and packing goods ready for shipping. This role is very hands on within a busy technical team environment. A degree of manual handling will also be involved.
The list is not exhaustive and in addition to this the apprentice will learn other skills within the company.
Due to operating machinery and use of some chemicals applicants under 18 will not be considered for this position
- Must be able to follow strict verbal and written instructions including drawings
- Technical ability
- Be able to work in a methodical manner
- Excellent organisation skills
- Work well within a team environment as well as on your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with management and other team members
- Work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- GCSE grade C or above in English & Maths
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to complete 12 month apprenticeship
- Well organised
- Well mannered
- Punctual and flexible
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm – Friday 7.30am – 1.30pm
Wage: £4.50 per hour
Location: Kirkstall, Leeds
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
- Unit 1: Health and Safety for Manufacturing Engineers
- Unit 2: Communicating Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering Workplaces
- Unit 3: Working Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 4: Working Relationships in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 5: Understanding Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Unit 1: Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Unit 2: Promoting effective working relationships
- Unit 3: Contributing to effective team working
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma in Performance
- Manufacturing Operations (RQF)
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Improving Business for Manufacturing Engineering Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
- *If Required
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
Please apply with your CV to: [email protected] and quote REF: KEM