Salary – £6.56
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a company that have been leading the way in educational sports equipment and services since 1980. Our commitment to innovation, learning and safety has been the driving force behind some of the most exciting and original products around. We are proud to be the sole provider of equipment for Sportshall Athletics, the most popular school sports competition program in the United Kingdom which uses many unique items such as the Speed Bounce, Reversaboard, Metromat for Standing Long Jump and the Tip-2-Tip Vertical Jump which have been developed by the Company.
We are a specialist sports and leisure equipment manufacturer with over 40 years’ experience supplying Educational Athletics Equipment, Gym Mats, Martial Arts Mats, High Jump & Pole Vault Landing Areas, Safety Surround Mats for Vaulting Areas, Climbing Wall Safety Matting, Dojos, Combat Training, Restraint Room Protective Padding and Hot Tub Covers. In addition to manufacturing, the Company distributes many other quality brand items.
Providing high quality Sports Educational Services and Event Management Services via our sister company, Sportshall Associates Ltd. These include Event Management, Educational Workshops, Sport Leadership Training and a wide variety of Schools Sports Services including School Games and British Athletics Awards. Eveque and the Sportshall Team work closely with British Athletics and are responsible for many of the new initiatives in athletics development.
Lean Manufacturing Operative (level 2)
Hours of Work:
0730-1630 Mon-Thurs; 0730-1345 Friday with a limited amount of overtime as and when required
23 Days a year plus Bank Holiday with 1 extra day awarded for each 3 complete years of service up to a maximum of 5
Company Pension Scheme:
You will learn to use a range of tools and machinery to carry out a range of tasks including bonding, CNC cutting, cutting with knives, screen printing, hot air welding and painting
Essential Skills – you will learn to:
– Show attention to detail and manufacture products to a high standard
– Work accurately and efficiently at a fast pace
– Check that a finished article matches the required standard
– Adjust machine settings to suit the type of material and finish required
– Maintain and clean your tools and work area
– Work independently and within a team
– Understand and adhere to health and safety regulations
– Work with heavy materials
- Work in different departments throughout the Company as and when required
- Be a role model for new employees demonstrating safety, efficiency and sound working practices.
- The basics of lean manufacturing techniques and other issues that affect the organisation as a whole
- How our operations function and the systems used e.g. PULL, OTIF, KANBAN, TIMWOOD in order to understand the priorities of the business
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to use independent judgement and discretion when making decisions
- Ability to follow written instructions and procedures
- Good communication skills
- Logical thought patterns
- Basic numeracy
- Basic reading and writing in English
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
- Unit 1: Health and Safety for Manufacturing Engineers
- Unit 2: Communicating Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering Workplaces
- Unit 3: Working Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 4: Working Relationships in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 5: Understanding Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Unit 1: Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Unit 2: Promoting effective working relationships
- Unit 3: Contributing to effective team working
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma in Performance
- Manufacturing Operations (RQF)
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Improving Business for Manufacturing Engineering Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
- *If Required
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]