With offices in Manchester and London, throughout England, Wales and the Channel Islands, with emphasis on northwest England & North Wales. We are a firm of chartered surveyors, commercial property consultants and real estate valuers, specialising in the acquisition, disposal, investment, valuation and development of the commercial property. Our services include commercial and residential property management, rent reviews, lease renewals and valuations. The firm deals with retail, industrial and business commercial property. Due to our continued success, we are now looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to work within our busy accounts department.
The tasks will be varied and may change as required by the demands of the business, but general duties will include:
- Assisting the credit controller in contacting individuals and organisations by phone and email to query accounts, send out reminders and ultimately collect outstanding monies in line with agreed business terms.
- Taking card payments over the phone.
- Receiving, checking, scanning and uploading invoices and credit notes from contractors and other service providers onto a computerised accounts system.
- Checking information linked to monthly statements, invoices and credit notes on our computerised accounts system
(QUBE) and Xero and updating this as payments are taken.
- Handling customer account queries on the phone as well as by email and speaking to our property managers regarding invoices linked to their properties and their payments.
- Assisting in preparing accounts packs and budgets for residential blocks in line with a range of financial year-end dates.
- Daily Banking on our computerised accounts system (QUBE) and Xero. Assisting in ensuring that the cashbook is reconciled and correct.
- Maintaining a range of financial records and files accurately as well as archiving these.
- Ad hoc duties such as allocating cash and sending out post.
- Full training will be given in all of the above tasks.
This is an apprenticeship role and whilst working you will also be training and studying towards successful completion of a level 2 Business Administration apprenticeship qualification.
The potential exists for this role to develop into a full time employed role for the right candidate.
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
£176.37 a week
£4.15 an hour
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
The course lasts 12 months. During this time the learner will be expected to complete their Level 2 Business Administration Diploma (RQF) Throughout the qualification, the Apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their Tutor.
Topics covered include communication in a business environment, principles of business document production and information management, managing personal performance and development, preparing text from notes using touch typing, maintaining and issuing stationery and supplies, administering the recruitment and selection process and contributing to the development and implementation of an information system.
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the mandatory units below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions, observations and professional discussions. Learners will then complete optional units dependant on their job role.
Unit 1: Communication in a business environment
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
Unit 3: Principles of business document production and information management
Unit 4: Understand employer organisations
Unit 5: Manage personal performance and development
Unit 5: Develop working relationships with colleagues
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma Business Administration (RQF)
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.