We are a Chester city based legal practice and are looking to offer an opportunity to someone with the right qualities to thrive within a legal practice as part of our administration team.
This role would suit someone who has an interest in an Administration/Customer Service background. The role would suit a person that wants to work in a growing and busy team. The role will at times mean working under time pressure and you will have to manage the workload accordingly.
The role will involve –
- Meet and greet visitors to the office. (You will be the first face and voice of the business on most occasions)
- Answer external/internal calls, taking and relaying accurate messages to the Partners and fee earning team as appropriate
- Be responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail including courier service administration and distribution and registered post
- Maintain office supplies, sundries, order stationery and liaise with facilities management company in relation to reporting faults within the office
- Arrange and coordinate meetings using the internal meeting room/hot desk booking system
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the Board Meeting Room and the Office Reception
- Support the partners and fee earners with diary management, arranging meetings with clients, service providers and third parties
- General administration including filing, printing, scanning, shredding, making tea and coffee
The successful candidate:
- A flexible and collaborative team member with emotional intelligence
- Approachable with high integrity
- Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality required in the business
- Comfortable with smaller business culture
- Customer facing skills, accustomed to receiving unexpected demands and tasks with unscheduled or unspecific deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of using Excel & Word
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Disciplined self-awareness in all customer correspondence, written, verbal and face-to-face
- Can hit the ground running with an ability to learn new software and systems
The potential exists for this role to develop into a full-time position upon successful completion of the Business Administration apprenticeship.
37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours each day, Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 5.15pm
£5.50 an hour / £206.25 a week
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
The course lasts 12 months. During this time the learner will be expected to complete their Level 2 Business Administration Diploma (RQF) Throughout the qualification, the Apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their Tutor.
Topics covered include communication in a business environment, principles of business document production and information management, managing personal performance and development, preparing text from notes using touch typing, maintaining and issuing stationery and supplies, administering the recruitment and selection process and contributing to the development and implementation of an information system.
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the mandatory units below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions, observations and professional discussions. Learners will then complete optional units dependant on their job role.
Unit 1: Communication in a business environment
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
Unit 3: Principles of business document production and information management
Unit 4: Understand employer organisations
Unit 5: Manage personal performance and development
Unit 5: Develop working relationships with colleagues
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma Business Administration (RQF)
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
APPLY TODAY – with your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]