Are you looking for a new challenge with a forward-thinking, growing company, which is going from strength to strength? If so we may have a role that would be perfect for you.
This role would suit someone who has an interest in bookkeeping and payroll processing. The role would suit a person that wants to work in a growing and busy team. The role will at times mean working under time pressure and you will have to manage the workload accordingly.
This is an accountancy organisation therefore if you come with an interest in finance or accountancy that would be highly advantageous, yet not a necessity. Attention to detail is important in this role.
The role will involve aspects of both payroll & bookkeeping as follows:
- Basic analysis of sales & purchase invoices, cash receipts and cash takings
- Bank reconciliations
- Basic data entry using cloud-based software
- VAT returns
- Weekly/ monthly basic payroll processing
- Processing new starters & leavers on payroll software
- Online submissions to HMRC
- Online submissions to various pension providers
- Maintaining client files
- Calculating additional items (SMP, Holiday pay) in line with HMRC regulations
The successful candidate:
- A flexible and collaborative team member with emotional intelligence
- Approachable with high integrity
- Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality required in the business
- Comfortable with smaller business culture
- Customer facing skills, accustomed to receiving unexpected demands and tasks with unscheduled or unspecific deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of using Excel & Word
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Disciplined self-awareness in all customer correspondence, written, verbal and face-to-face
- Can hit the ground running with an ability to learn new software and systems
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
The course lasts 12 months. During this time the learner will be expected to complete their Level 2 Business Administration Diploma (RQF) Throughout the qualification, the Apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their Tutor.
Topics covered include communication in a business environment, principles of business document production and information management, managing personal performance and development, preparing text from notes using touch typing, maintaining and issuing stationery and supplies, administering the recruitment and selection process and contributing to the development and implementation of an information system.
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the mandatory units below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions, observations and professional discussions. Learners will then complete optional units dependant on their job role.
Unit 1: Communication in a business environment
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
Unit 3: Principles of business document production and information management
Unit 4: Understand employer organisations
Unit 5: Manage personal performance and development
Unit 5: Develop working relationships with colleagues
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma Business Administration (RQF)
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.