A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Business Administration Apprenticeship in Blackburn (Level 2) to join a company whose mission is to provide innovative, efficient and cost-effective insulation solutions, to help tackle fuel poverty in the UK.
Main Duties will include:
- Providing office support including customer and employee support
- Keeping well-organised files and records of business activity
- Researching company data and archived reports
- Keeping computer databases up to date
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in person
- Answering phones and connecting calls to the proper department
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Following up on business communications, billing, and ordering
- Communicating with materials suppliers and vendors
- Collecting and inputting company data
- Learning about the company’s mission and available products/services
- Preparing documents by printing, copying, and binding
- Acting as a personal assistant to the Senior leadership Team
- Scheduling appointments
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Participating in office meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
- Being ready for any other administrative tasks that are required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Must be computer literate
- Be able to answer Incoming calls confidently
- Chase paperwork
- Be self-organised
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Reliable and punctual
Hours: 8am – 4.30pm
Salary: £4.50 per hour
Location: Lower Darwen, Blackburn
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
The course lasts 12 months. During this time the learner will be expected to complete their Level 2 Business Administration Diploma (RQF) Throughout the qualification, the Apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their Tutor.
Topics covered include communication in a business environment, principles of business document production and information management, managing personal performance and development, preparing text from notes using touch typing, maintaining and issuing stationery and supplies, administering the recruitment and selection process and contributing to the development and implementation of an information system.
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the mandatory units below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions, observations and professional discussions. Learners will then complete optional units dependant on their job role.
Unit 1: Communication in a business environment
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
Unit 3: Principles of business document production and information management
Unit 4: Understand employer organisations
Unit 5: Manage personal performance and development
Unit 5: Develop working relationships with colleagues
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma Business Administration (RQF)
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.