An opportunity has arisen to join an American owned company with UK offices in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, and who are a leading global software solutions and consulting services firm enabling enterprise commerce for the world’s leading manufacturers, distributors and omni-channel retailers.
Uniquely delivering both physical and digital commerce solutions – optimizing supply chain efficiencies to drive cost savings, and unifying commerce to drive customer engagement and revenue. These comprehensive capabilities, combined with our company’s market-leading Unified Commerce Platform, and the firm’s ability to consult, implement and operate across supply chain, transportation, IT, enterprise business solutions and omni-channel commerce, allows mid-market and Fortune 100/5000 companies to leverage our company as a trusted advisor across their enterprises. Due to our continued success and growth we are currently looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to develop a career as an Auditor.
What you will do: once trained
- Manage carrier relationships based on account assignment.
- Perform carrier rate analyses to identify savings opportunities, analyses carrier delivery performance, and works directly with carriers to find a resolution to identified issues.
- Ensure account audits are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Analyse client invoices for invalid or irregular charges.
- Keep visibility of potential rate and carrier rule changes and carrier compliance or service interruptions.
- Maintain SOP documentation for the primary role.
- Assist clients and carriers to troubleshoot invoice and payment issues.
- Provide back-up support to teammates as needed.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all clients.
- Report client feedback to management, including any signs of client dissatisfaction.
- Answer client inquiries regarding parcel services.
- Assist and train fellow employees as needed.
What you will bring:
- Transportation and parcel carrier experience preferred, but not required.
- Must possess Microsoft Office software proficiency.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong time management and organization skills.
- Requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Team player and a can-do attitude
- Willingness to work with colleagues and share knowledge
- Education (preferred level): GSE, A-Level
The successful candidate will be studying a Business Administration apprenticeship qualification for a 12-month period and the potential exists for this role to develop into a full-time position for the right candidate.
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Hourly rate of Pay
£5.50 an hour
£206.25 a week
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
The course lasts 12 months. During this time the learner will be expected to complete their Level 2 Business Administration Diploma (RQF) Throughout the qualification, the Apprentice will receive regular 1-1 sessions and support from their Tutor.
Topics covered include communication in a business environment, principles of business document production and information management, managing personal performance and development, preparing text from notes using touch typing, maintaining and issuing stationery and supplies, administering the recruitment and selection process and contributing to the development and implementation of an information system.
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the mandatory units below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions, observations and professional discussions. Learners will then complete optional units dependant on their job role.
Unit 1: Communication in a business environment
Unit 2: Principles of providing administrative services
Unit 3: Principles of business document production and information management
Unit 4: Understand employer organisations
Unit 5: Manage personal performance and development
Unit 5: Develop working relationships with colleagues
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma Business Administration (RQF)
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to: [email protected]
Quoting the job ref.