Due to expansion of our home we currently have opportunities to join our remarkable team of Care Assistants who spend every day making a difference to people’s lives. We are looking for compassionate, kind and supportive people to become part of our proud team.
We’d like you to have:
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
- A caring and compassionate attitude
- The ability to commit to regular (flexible) hours
- Experience is desirable but not essential
Providing care and basic medical attention to the residents
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Care Assistant will put the needs of the residents first, remembering that this is their home.
- Conform at all times to the Home’s Hygiene Code and Policy on Handwashing and will wear their issued uniform whenever they are on duty.
- Assist with the getting up and preparing for bed of all residents. They will help those who need it with dressing, undressing and their hygiene needs.
- Help disabled or infirm residents with their personal needs, including washing, bathing and using the lavatory or commode. They will change bed linen as necessary.
- Help with the serving of meals, and also the preparation of light meals. They will assist those residents who have difficulty in feeding themselves.
- Assist with the tidying of rooms and bed areas. They will give such personal attention (make-up, hair tidying, sewing/repairs, shaving etc.) as may be required, and report in the Maintenance and Housekeeping book such problems which require the attention of non-care staff.
- Help in promoting the physical and mental activity of residents through conversing, reading, writing and taking them out for exercise, as time permits and on the Registered Manager’s instructions. They will show especial understanding to the terminally sick and the psychologically disturbed. They will be aware of the Role of the KeyWorker and perform such duties as may be required of them in this role.
- Take and pass on telephone messages as necessary. They will receive visitors and direct them as appropriate. They will always offer refreshments to visitors.
- Participate in meetings both of staff and residents. They will contribute any practical ideas for the improvement of Homelife and the comfort of the residents and report concerns about, and changes to the condition of residents to qualified members of staff.
- Take particular care to follow the guidance contained in the booklet ‘ENGAGEMENT’ /and promptly report any incident of poor resident care which fails to meet the performance required in this booklet. In particular, they will ensure that residents’ choices are complied with whenever possible.
- Complete the induction process and all mandatory training.
- Report to the RN in charge or Registered Manager, any event or matter which falls below the high standards of care expected at Prospect House. They will most particularly report any suspicions of poor care or abuse.
- Undertake new tasks when trained and competent to do and will carry out any other ancillary duties as requested. Staff will not be asked to perform ‘extra’ tasks unreasonably, but a measure of flexibility is expected of all.
- Be trained to be competent in using the lifting and handling equipment.
- Adhere to the policies with regard to Infection Control in both resident care and delivery of meals to residents.
- Be familiar with the Policy and Procedures of the Home and adhere to them.
- Carers trained to RQF level 2 and level 3 will be responsible for care tasks in addition to those listed above as discussed with them by the Registered Manager.
- Attend mandatory paid for training as a contractual obligation.
We can offer you:
- Weekly pay with rates from £8.48 – £10.75
- Flexible working hours
- Free Uniform
- On-going FREE training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (cash reward between £150 – £400) In return,
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
These are the personal attributes and behaviours expected of all Adult Care Workers carrying out their roles:
Caring consistently about individuals to make a positive difference to their lives
Delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity and respect
Doing the right thing for people and speaking up if the individual they support is at risk
Good communication is central to successful caring relationships and effective team working
Applying knowledge and skills to provide high-quality care and support
Improving the experience of care and support ensuring it is person-centred
This Apprenticeship will develop your employees’ knowledge, skills and behaviours in the following areas:
- The job they have to do, their main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours
- The importance of communication
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- How to promote health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- How to work professionally, including their own professional development
- Treating people with respect and dignity and honouring their human rights
- Championing health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and for work colleagues
- Working professionally and seeking to develop their own professional development
The individual must meet the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate.
The Care Quality Commission expects that providers who employ healthcare assistants and social care support workers follow these standards to make sure new staff are supported, skilled and assessed as competent to carry out their roles
- 18 years of age or older
- Work Ready
- Interested in developing a career in Health and Social Care
What qualifications will you get?
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
- *If Required
End Point Assessment
The end-point assessment of the Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship will include a situation judgement test, assessing all knowledge and skills elements in their job role, and a professional discussion using a wide range of evidence collected from their portfolio.
Each assessment is weighted 50/50 and will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction.
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
APPLY TODAY _ With your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]