NTG TRAINING – OFSTED INSPECTION REPORT
Following an Ofsted Inspection on 15-16 January 2019, NTG Training were rated as making ‘Reasonable Progress’ and the key points can be summarised as follows:
- Leaders have a good understanding of the principles and requirements of apprenticeship training. They work closely with subcontractors and employers to ensure that apprentices are employed appropriately and that they have adequate opportunities to develop relevant work-related competencies.
- Leaders place considerable importance on the need for all apprentices to develop relevant new vocational knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Leaders set high expectations for staff, subcontractors, apprentices and learners. They create a respectful and tolerant environment. As a result, many apprentices and learners make good progress in their studies and in their careers.
- Leaders monitor the progress of all apprentices regularly and systematically.
- Leaders, tutor/assessors and apprentices have a good understanding of the requirements of end-point assessments.
- Apprentices’ starting points are identified appropriately. They develop a good range of new vocational knowledge, skills, behaviours and understanding. They become increasingly confident in applying these in their workplace.
- Apprentices become increasingly effective in their job role as a result of their on- and off-the-job learning. They have a positive impact on their employer’s business which employers recognise and value.
- Apprentices who are trained by NTG tutor/assessors have access to a wide range of good online learning resources which they use extensively.
- Their close communication and collaborative working with employers help to ensure that on-the-job activities support off-the-job learning and vice versa.
- Leaders and managers place a high priority on safeguarding all apprentices and learners.
- All members of NTG and subcontractors’ staff are trained suitably and qualified appropriately. Their training is updated regularly.
Download the full Ofsted Report here >> https://files.api.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50054803