Salary: £23,000-£26,000k pro rata
Full time or Part time
NTG Training Ltd are currently looking to recruit an experienced tutor to deliver the new Textile Care Operative apprenticeship standard. You will need to have occupational experience in the sector and have knowledge of the different types of washing machinery that is used in the commercial industry, such as continuous batch washers, continuous tunnel washers and normal washing machine. You will need to understand how to deal with different fabrics and processes involved with the laundry sector.
- Working with an average caseload of 40 in-funding learners.
- Completing start-up paperwork, inductions, initial assessments and all documentation in line with company requirements.
- Undertaking assessment and review in line with agreed and documented standards, system and strategy.
- Identifying individual learning requirements and devising delivery approaches and solutions to deliver leaning.
- Ensuring personal achievement rates are timely and reflect company targets.
- Ensuring all candidates allocated are visited regularly as per their agreed programmes and funding contract requirements.
- Monitoring learner’s progression and ensure assessment is completed to enable learners to meet achievement targets for all parts of their programme on time.
- Maintaining learner records accurately – both paper-based and electronic in accordance with SFA/Prime contractual and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Carrying out Health & Safety Risk Assessments and re-audits and ensuring appropriate H&S documentation has been completed for all learners.
- Provide relevant assistance to learners with additional support requirements and maintain candidate records as appropriate.
- Promote the progression of learners to more advanced qualifications and towards their longer-term aspirations.
- Monitoring caseload risk to ensure learners are progressing in a timely manner and remain within their funding period.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Director/Quality Manager.
- Understand the new apprenticeship rules, including off the job.
- Hold a teaching qualification. (PTLLS as a minimum)
- If not already held, willing to undertake an assessor qualification. (Assessing vocational achievement)
- Experience in working in the sector.
- GCSE English Language and Maths at Grade C or equivalent as a minimum.
- Experience of delivering functional skills (maths & English) in a work-based environment.
- Proven experience of WBL assessment.
- Able to meet and exceed retention and achievement targets for qualifications and frameworks.
- The ability to maintain learner caseload in line with budget and business development targets.
- Ability to use E-portfolio systems.
- Good IT skills.
- Must be able to work competently without supervision.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and motivate self and others in challenging surroundings.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High standard of customer care.
- Good organisational and administration skills.
- Willing to work nationally with overnight stays possible.
- Own car is required
- 30p per mile car allowance
- 25+ bank holidays per year
- Laptop/iPad provided
- Mobile phone allowance
- Regular CPD opportunities
Apply for this position