Are you 18+ and unemployed? Would you like to gain your Fork Lift Truck Licence and NVQ Units in Warehousing & Storage? We have places available for this fully funded course running in Ellesmere Port from the 16th November 2017. If you are interested please call Polly at NTG Training on 01244 680689 or email [email protected]
2 days classroom based – BTEC in the principles of warehousing and storage Level 2
5 Days training for FLT licence
The course will include employability skills – CV Writing, Interview Techniques and job search.
Qualifications achieved on completion
NTG Training will work with various local employer and partners in Cheshire and will support you to find employment once qualified.
BTEC in the Principles of Warehouse and Storage – Covering the knowledge required to work in a logistic environment. At the end of the programme the following outcomes will apply.
- Understand how to receive and store goods and materials
- Understand how to process orders and dispatch goods
- Understand how to deliver effective customer service
- Understand health, safety, security and legislation
- Understand how to be an effective team worker
NVQ Units in Warehouse and Storage
- Operate equipment to perform logistic operations
- Use equipment in logistic environment
Learn how to safely and effectively operate a forklift truck in 5 days.
On completion of the course you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of counterbalance trucks. The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks, refuelling and battery procedures, steering, load weight assessment and handling, stacking racking, awkward loads and vehicle loading, and unloading and much more.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to operators of counterbalance fork lift and reach trucks. At the end of the course, successful delegates should be able to operate the machine both safely and efficiently.
Eligibility to go onto the course:-
- Must be 18 years old or over?
- Currently unemployed and not in receipt of benefits
- Currently unemployed and in receipt of benefits
- Must live in Cheshire