Upskill your staff with a Laundry and Textile Care Apprenticeship Training Course
This Textile Care Apprenticeship Training course is ideal for staff working in the supply, rental, laundering and maintenance of textiles in the hospitality sector, care homes and hospitals. Textiles can cover a range of uses including:
- flat linens to hospitals, hotels and restaurants
- protective garments and branded workwear to industry and services
- mats, roller towels and washroom services to a vast range of sectors.
Employers can use their Apprenticeship Levy to fund the course, or there is significant government funding for smaller businesses which means the cost of the course is reduced to just £200.
The course is delivered using a blend of online and webinar training, as well as practical workshops, making it easy for the learner to complete the modules alongside a full-time job and so as to minimise any disruption to daily activities.
What does the Laundry and Textile Care Training Course cover?
- Ensuring the linen and workwear is high-quality and fit for purpose
- Working safely and efficiently, whilst minimising the impact on the environment
- Classifying materials for appropriate cleaning processes
- Using appropriate chemicals to undertake the cleaning process
- Operating specialist equipment/machinery to process products in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Drying and finishing products whilst adhering to company quality procedures
- Preparing and packing items for dispatch to meet customer requirements
What qualifications will my staff achieve?
Learners will receive:
- Textile Care Operative Level 2 Standard
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English*
Learners completing this training course will be able to choose from one of two optional pathways dependant on their job role:
- Commercial Laundry – in the healthcare, food, workwear, clean room or hospitality sector
- Dry/Wet Cleaning – solvents, spotting, specialist materials, care labelling
Contact us today on 01244 678100 or email [email protected] to find out how you can utilise your Apprenticeship Levy or apply for government funding.