LEVEL 2 AWARD IN SUBSTANCE MISUSE
Gain a recognised qualification to help you to get back into Employment with our fully funded Substance Misuse Qualification Level 2.
Duration: 3 Weeks
Entry requirements: Are you 19 or over, unemployed and want to gain a recognised qualification in Health and Social Care. The course is fully funded by the government to help you gain employment.
This course and qualification is aimed at learners interested in working In the Health and Social Care sectors with individuals affected by Substance Misuse. The qualification covers understanding how to recognise and respond to substance misuse, solvents and volatile substance misuse and options and interventions for those affected by substance misuse.
The aim is to introduce knowledge around the following areas relating to working in adult social care:
- Understand Substance Misuse
- Understand how to recognise and respond to substance use/misuse
- Understand the safe, sensible and social use of alcohol
- To develop knowledge related to working in an adult social care environment
- Develop skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Learn about how to work with different types of individuals and organisations in the adult social care environment
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
1 day – Enrolment and Introduction to the course
2 full days Classroom Teaching – Substance Misuse
Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to work in the Care Sector
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Care
Course Cost: Free
Level 2 Award in Substance Misuse
Understand substance use/misuse
Understand how to recognise and respond to substance use/misuse
Understand the safe, sensible and social use of alcohol
Community responses to substance misuse
Options and interventions for those affected by substance use/misuse
Substance misuse and young people
Understand solvents and volatile substance abuse
Understand blood-borne infections related to substance use/misuse
On successful completion of this qualification, you will gain an understanding around working in adult social care and the course will hopefully support you to enter into employment.